Information about Thames Valley University
TVU has the following general research objectives in relation to the
- To explore and develop participatory methods for user interface design and evaluation for novel socio-technical solutions in rural communities, with particular emphasis upon the educational barriers.
- To identify the most appropriate technologies and develop novel techniques for collecting, analyzing and defining user requirements for farming groups to support ICT systems that would lead to improved agricultural practices.
- To investigate the usability aspects of innovative communication access facilities for sharing information between isolated and dispersed rural communities.
In addition TVU has been responsible for:
- making content aggregated by University of Nairobi and LKL accessible to the community â€“ for example media type and interface format;
- the cultural validation of the developing technical specification;
- the development of appropriate participatory methods (in collaboration with LKL);
- the project evaluation using the socio-technical methodology outlined below.